Saturday, January 01, 2005

About This Blog

Well first of all, I should probably introduce myself.

I'm an unknown writer from Australia. I'm mainly interested in Fantasy and Sci-fi, and like many wannabe fantasy writers I have a fantasy series in the making – I'm currently editing the first draft of book one – and hope to one day rule the world with the written word.

Sparrow's Fart is a Blog novel (if anybody knows of a better way to put it, please let me know). I intend to update it every couple of days, perhaps more. I have no idea where the story is going, though I do know I only intend to write around 500 words a day, so the chapters are going to be short, real short.

One of the things that appeals to me about writing an online novel in this way, is the sense of immediacy. As any novelist can tell you, under normal circumstances you've got plenty of time to get it right. You spend months, even years, working on a piece in the hope that when it's finished you've dotted all the T's and crossed all the I's.

Ah, you know what I mean.

With a blog novel, that's not the case. You kinda need to get it right the first time, and that's the challenge, at least, for me.

Anyway, that's enough chit-chat, let's get on with the show.

Oh, and by the way, my real name isn't Jimmy Sparrow, but it'll do for now.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Pages viewed since January 1st 2005