Friday, January 21, 2005

Twenty One; Teamwork

We came to a fork in the corridor, and Bocco stopped.

“What is it?” I asked.

Bocco didn’t say anything, he fumbled around in his pockets, I was quite amazed the only bear I had ever seen with pockets before was Yogi.

He produced a flashlight and turned it on.

“Why didn’t you turn that on before?” I asked, I had stubbed my toe and scraped my shoulders against the cave walls numerous times.

As usually Bocco ignored me.

“Loosey bear!” I muttered. I had a look at the place where I thought his pockets had been and could just make a thin line where his blue fur parted.

Bocco was holding his flashlight up to something on the wall above him.

“What is that?” I asked.

“Sign,” said Bocco.

“A sign for what?”

“Fire crystals.”

“What does it say?” I asked, wondering if all talking bears were this quiet.

“Fire crystals, this way.”

“So what’s the problem?”

“Points both ways.”

“Oh,” we stood in silence for a time, neither of us knowing what to do.

“Why don’t we just pick one?” I asked, referring to the two corridors that led away from us.

“Which one?” Bocco asked.

“I dunno,” I shrugged, “How about the left one?”

Bocco was silent for a moment, then ambled towards the right corridor.

“I said left,” I called out even as I followed behind him.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Pages viewed since January 1st 2005